Expanding in Fort Worth
By 1919, the family could no longer keep up with demand for their product in the small kitchen on Washington Street. Ninnie purchased a lot at Sixth Avenue and Terrell Streets. They built a brick building on the lot, equiping it with a Peterson Peel gas-fired oven, with capacity for 400 one-pound loaves. Another purchase was a bread wrapping machine. The new facility only added to the growth of the business, and eventually a second Ford truck was purchased and sent on a sales route to keep up with demand. From 1919 to 1928, the new bakery was enlarged nine times, with a new addition every year.